Wednesday, 23 November 2011

Young And Scared ♥

My biggest fear? 
 To be honest, I'm not completely sure. Because sometimes I think my fears are what keep me going. A few years ago me and my dad were swimming down at the beach in front of my house, as it was high tide, if you walked out a few metres it was about 2 metres deep, and that was where we were swimming.  Suddenly my dad pushed me and said "swim" so as I swam I thought we were just catching a wave, but the wave passed so I stopped, but my dad pushed me once again and I instantly knew something must of been up, so I swam into shore. As we reached the shore my dad quickly grabbed my wrist and dragged me onto my feet and ran onto the sand to a group of people staring amazingly at us, my dad didn't need to say anything, I looked into the water to see two 5 Metre long Marco sharks now circling where we were just swimming. It turns out, while we were swimming the group of people were waving to my dad warning us to quickly get out of the water pointing to two sharks swimming quickly towards us. The people all smiled and clapped as we sat next to them, shaking of shock, fear and now relief.
Maybe it was the adrenaline of it all, but something about the experience intreged me, I have a gigantic fear of sharks now, yet I love them, as I have a habbit of attracting sharks when I go swimming, which many of my friends make jokes about not wanting to go swimming with me (:
So that experience wasn't the last, there have been more, not as exciting, but more. But something about the water excites me, pulling me in making me feel like in the water i'm free, and i'm supposed to be there ! And it seems the sharks always know I'm there, You may not believe me but I have the sixth sense, knowing. I know when somethings going to happen, when me and my friend were going to go surfing, I said "I'm not going to bring my surfboard because I won't need it." She gave me a puzzled look but didn't ask, we walked onto the sand, I laughed, seeing a fin and shadow in the wave and a crowd at the shore.
So are sharks my biggest fear? No, a big intreger more likely.
I believen fear, but I think that behind every fear is courage trying to get out and show you something amazing about it.



1 comment: